[Sorvi-admin] Hackdays

Jenny Molloy jcmcoppice12 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 13:07:44 CEST 2012

Hi Leo

> We were provided the opportunity to reserve 20 person hackspace for the
> whole Tuesday, or for a couple hours. So we should have extra space if
> needed (and if we can request this soon). We would like to keep the event
> light-weight and expecting 5-10 participants. The best option would
> definitely be to join forces.

OK, well in that case we should be fine with the MAKE and HACK space we
already have if you want to free up the second hackspace as we're expecting
max 50 for the other streams.

> Before we fix this, it would also be good to know what kind of support you
> would need & expect if we shall participate in the arrangements - or would
> it be sufficient to just join in and help with advertising etc.

Joining in and helping with advertising would be just fine! However, if you
could join in a call or two just so we can confirm a rough timetable for
the day and how we want things to work e.g. are ideas submitted in advance,
when/if to have lightning talks, how to bring in remote participants, main
mode of communication (irc, etherpads, other) that would be fantastic. OKFN
people can sort the logistics/equipment/infrastructure etc etc but it would
be good to get your feedback and experience and ensure everyone is up to
date with how things will run on the day.

Let me know when you've discussed with the others if you want to fix this
and we'll try and pin down a time for a quick chat in August soon.

Thanks very much

Jenny