[Seqinr-forum] bug in dist,alignment

Russell J Gray rgrayherpetology at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 05:56:18 CET 2020

Hi there,
I'm trying to use the seqinr package for some ITS sequence analysis and when I run the first basic functions of the package it automatically crashes R. I've attached my FASTA text file, and have copied my code here....
Once you run the line "D <- dist.alignment(dna, matrix = "similarity")" if you try to view the dna data, or if R autocompletes a function, or you try to do anything further, R runs the "Fatal Error" window and says it cannot connect to the server.

library(seqinr)library(adegenet)library(ape)library(ggtree)

dna <- read.alignment("Amanita.txt", format = "fasta")D <- dist.alignment(dna, matrix = "similarity")

Any help is appreciated!
Best regards
-RG

--Russell J. Gray
Wildlife Ecology & Conservation Consultant

0934581341 | rgrayherpetology at gmail.com

https://www.rjgrayecology.com/

| 705 alligator ranch rd. New Smyrna Beach, FL, USA. 32168 |