[Seqinr-forum] about read.alignment and read.fasta

Abhijeet Shah abhijeet.shah at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 13:24:03 CET 2012

Hi seqinR users,

I had a slight problem with the commands read.alignment() and read.fasta()
with the latest version of seqinR (version 3.06).

whenever I use the command read.alignment

>read.alignment(file="generated_sequences.ma", format="fasta")
Error in .Call("read_fasta_align", file, PACKAGE = "seqinr") :
  C symbol name "read_fasta_align" not in DLL for package "seqinr"

Similarly, I get the following error with read.fasta

> read.fasta(file="generated_sequences.ma")
Error in .Call("s2c", string, PACKAGE = "seqinr") :
  C symbol name "s2c" not in DLL for package "seqinr"

Does anyone else have the same problems with version 3.06?
I reverted to version 3.05, and the errors disappeared!

Please Advise.

Thank You

Best Wishes
Abhijeet Shah

Abhijeet Shah
Munich Graduate School for Evolution, Ecology and Systematics
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
email : Abhijeet.Shah at campus.lmu.de,
email: abhijeet.shah at gmail.com