[Seqinr-forum] where.is.this.acc() function

Jean lobry lobry at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Sun Nov 15 11:54:12 CET 2009

>Dear Jean,
>
>The where.is.this.acc() function is very nice! I tried it and it works
>perfectly for me.
>
>Once tiny suggestion that I have is that it seems to keep checking all
>the databases for an accession, even after it has found the accession in
>one of the databases. I guess it would make it slightly faster to run if
>it stopped looking for the accession once it has found it in one of the
>databases?
>
>Regards, and thanks again,
>Avril

Dear Avril,

good idea, I have added an argument stopAtFirst defaulting to TRUE
in the function:

http://r-forge.r-project.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/pkg/R/where.is.this.acc.R?rev=1707&root=seqinr&view=markup

Best,
--
Jean R. Lobry            (lobry at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr)
Laboratoire BBE-CNRS-UMR-5558, Univ. C. Bernard - LYON I,