[Rquantlib-devel] RQuantLib on Mac OS X 10.10

Benjamin J. J. Voigt bvoigt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 22:01:53 CET 2014

Hi,

first post, bear with me.

On this matter, it works fine on 10.9.x. RStudio seems to have fixed on
their end. Since I have recently rebuilt both QuantLib and RQuantLib
several times on stable and development sources on my 10.9.x environment
just running RQuantLib has never been an issue.

As a workaround, perhaps you could try to create a script to launch through
the terminal so that the environment variables are loaded properly?

Regards,
Ben

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 6:41 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 28 October 2014 at 11:35, Jack Drew wrote:
> | Recently, I am trying to create a new RQuantLib setup. I am on mac os x
> 10.10 and R 3.0.2. I have installed QuantLib 1.4, and RQuantLib. From my
> terminal, within R, I can require RQuantLib and use it with no problems.
> However, if I try to require RQuantLib within the R GUI or within my StatET
> Eclipse, I get:

> | Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'RQuantLib', details:
> | call: if (is.character(qc) && nchar(qc) > 1) {
> | error: missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed
> | In addition: Warning message:
> | running command 'bash -c 'type -p quantlib-config' 2>/dev/null' had
> status 1
> |
> | I am not sure what I am missing, since the package works fine from the
> terminal. Please help, if you are able to.
>
> So quantlib-config is not found.
>
> I don't own (or access) an OS X machine but even I noticed all these hoopla
> over 10.10 not setting PATH -- that could be the culprit. Google for
> something like
>
>           RStudio "OS X" 10.10 PATH
>
> and you just get pointers.  One trick appears to be to launch RStudio from
> the term.app.
>
> Dirk

Ben

“In God we trust, all others bring data.” W. Edwards Deming