[Rprotobuf-yada] RProtoBuf - OSX version on CRAN built with old version

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue May 17 03:52:46 CEST 2016

On 17 May 2016 at 11:45, Jonathon Love wrote:
| hi folks,
|
| the new 0.4.3 version of RProtoBuf for OSX on CRAN is built using an
| older version of Protocol Buffers (possibly 2.5) than the 0.4.2 which
| was built with 2.6. this results in a body of my code no longer working.
|
| i suspect it has something to do with the new R build platform for R 3.3
|
| does anyone here have any connection with the build process of RProtoBuf
| for OSX on CRAN? i've tried a few other avenues, but they've all come up

As I mentioned to you a couple of days ago (when the list was still hanging),
OS X builds are administered by Simon Urbanek who is famously busy.

If you have alternate build tools you could just set up a repo yourself. The
drat package on CRAN makes that easy -- see my site or the CRAN pages for it.

Dirk