[Rprotobuf-yada] Autoconf help

Murray Stokely mstokely at google.com
Sat Jul 13 05:52:56 CEST 2013

I see thanks.  Taking another look, I see that FreeBSD -CURRENT does
provide correct information returned from pkg-config -cflags protobuf as is
checked at the top of configure :

protobuf_cxxflags=`pkg-config --cflags protobuf`
protobuf_libs=`pkg-config --libs protobuf`

And these values are added to src/Makevars so that the compile can use them
if it gets that far, but the subsequent configure checks that look for the
protobuf headers aren't using these new cxxflags.

I added these 3 lines and now it works in FreeBSD and doesn't break Ubuntu
12 LTS either, so I submitted it:

## And make sure these flags are used for the tests below.
CPPFLAGS="${protobuf_cxxflags} ${CPPFLAGS}"
CXXFLAGS="${protobuf_cxxflags} ${CXXFLAGS}"

Thanks for the pointers.

          - Murray