[Roxygen-devel] S4 documentation

Mon Nov 14 16:58:38 CET 2011

Ah, simultaneous post, perhaps to merge both use cases:

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Michael Lawrence
<lawrence.michael at gene.com> wrote:

>> That's another interesting idea.  We currently have @template, which
>> is a superset of @include, but it might be worthwhile differentiating
>> them semantically.  Where would you imagine such include files living?
>>  Would they be R files or plain text to be interpreted as roxygen
>> comments?  (We decided on R files for templates so that existing
>> syntax highlighting code would work)
>>

> There may be a use-case for @including Roxygen comments, but I think my
> use-case would benefit more from pure Rd that would just be concatenated
> into the resulting Rd file. These would be things like extra \section{}s.
> Maybe make that more explicit with a @section that refers to a file?

Maybe if the include file has an *.rdox suffix (or whatever), it could
be normal roxygen formatted, and if it is *.Rd, it's just straight Rd
text that's inlined into the appropriate place of the final
roxygen-constructed Rd file.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou