[Reddyproc-users] Fwd: SV: SV: SV: SV: New online tool

Thomas Wutzler twutz at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Wed Feb 8 11:32:45 CET 2017

Dear Patrik,

I try to answer your questions regarding REddyProc.

> * I can see that the Ustar varies quite a bit between seasons (~0.11 to
> ~0.18) so I'm wondering if there is a way of using the seasonal values
> in the gapfilling instead of the annually aggregated ones? Without
> splitting up the data sets and do multiple runs that is.
That is straightforward.
see function usGetSeasonalSeasonUStarMappingFromDistributionResult
to be provided to sMDSGapFillAfterUstar with argument UstarThres.df

Explained also with the vignette using data from an agricultural site:
vignette("DEGebExample")

> * How do I do the bootstrapping if I run this example code manually?
> Maybe it's already performed but I don't see it in the output files?
It is hard to give general advice for manual bootstrapping. For
REddyProc, good starting point is to look at the implementation of
sEstUstarThresholdDistribution
at r-forge
https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/pkg/REddyProc/R/EddyUStarFilterDP.R?root=reddyproc&view=log

> * In the version 1 above, I'm trying to "plot saturation of NEE with
> UStar for one season" but I don't get anything out of it regardless of
> which season I try. I get the graph but it is always empty. Any idea why?
Sorry, no immediate idea and no time to inspect (Also your code is not
directly reproducable because of the data. But, please, do not sent your
data by email ;) )

> * Have I understood it correctly that Tair is not included in step two
> of the gap-filling (i.e. if not VPD and Rg is available, then data is
> filled using just Rg as a criteria?)
almost correct, its step three
explained at
https://www.bgc-jena.mpg.de/bgi/index.php/Services/REddyProcWebGapFilling

You might get more immediate help with usage problems from other users
when writing to
reddyproc-users at lists.r-forge.r-project.org
http://r-forge.r-project.org/mail/?group_id=1679

I wish you success with using REddyProc.

From your user-perspective, why not write a vignette for other users
that details what you have learned.
Despite time constraints for REddyProc support, we are happy about
constructive suggestions on how to improve REddyProc and its
documentation, best by suggested modifications of the code or the docu.
But it often also helps when you clearly describing the reasons for your
difficulties with REddyProc.

Yours
Thomas