[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp_precious_remove again (Windows)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Jan 20 18:54:20 CET 2023

On 20 January 2023 at 10:28, Tomas Kalibera wrote:
| Executing then without R_LIBS set gave this error:
|
| "
| Error: function 'Rcpp_precious_remove' not provided by package 'Rcpp'
| In addition: Warning message:
| In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE,
| logical.return = TRUE,  :
|    there is no package called 'Rcpp'
| "
|
| So I knew I had to set R_LIBS.

Very good catch.  The 'Rcpp_precious_remove' was spurious as I suspected all
along but it was trickily hiding the actual issue.  Any clever thought on how
we could check for missing .libPaths() etc when RInside starts?

On 20 January 2023 at 17:22, Tomas Kalibera wrote:
| On 1/20/23 16:35, Dominick Samperi wrote:
| > After fixing the library issue and getting the app running what
| > happens when you terminate with q()?
| >
| > You should see the usual "Save workspace image? [y/n/c]:", and under
| > Linux this is what happens.
|
| The program just exits without asking.

I think you can control that by setting the 'interactive' toggle. From
memory, there is a global state variable reflecting the command-line choice
(or invocation) and IIRC the ctor may offer it. I have the same behaviour in
littler where we long ago decided to have interactive=false (because hey,
scripting) and that sometimes leads to slightly different outcomes so we have
an override there.  And RInside and littler are pretty close cousins.

dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org