[Rcpp-devel] Any recent change that would remove Rcpp_precious_remove?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Jul 15 15:20:05 CEST 2021

On 15 July 2021 at 14:41, IƱaki Ucar wrote:
| On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 at 10:27, ma wh <cjard at hotmail.com> wrote:
| > Error in C_valid_tz(tzone): Function 'Rcpp_precious_remove' not provided by package 'Rcpp'
|
| TL;DR: update your library.

Good catch by Inaki. I had overlooked the C_valid_tz() handle. You are trying
to _run_ code, I had assumed you had tried to compile code.

The only situation that is supportable and testable under the CRAN model is
in fact the CRAN model: _all_ your packages need to be current as they are
tested jointly.  Nobody has the ability to test all random cross-products of
old and new versions.  Usually, it just works, when it doesn't you need to
really make sure everything is current.

And in general, we work really hard to not modify interfaces, and we have
done so only a very few times in the nearly fifteen year history of Rcpp. As
this particular change is an important one, we went ahead with this change.
And would likely do so again.

https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org