[Rcpp-devel] Any recent change that would remove Rcpp_precious_remove?

ma wh cjard at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 15 10:24:21 CEST 2021

Hi list

Colleague of mine wrote some R last week that was working OK, and hasn't been changed in itself since that time. This week it's ceased working( I've tried it on my machine and also see a fail, the following error is encountered:

Error in C_valid_tz(tzone): Function 'Rcpp_precious_remove' not provided by package 'Rcpp'

Searching around there aren't many hits. Those I do find seem quite recent (stackoverflow questions or GitHub issues logged in various projects, dates of posting are within the last few days). None of the posted queries seem to have a solution, one person said restarting RStudio helped, but not in my case. The SO question I found was marked as deleted. The GitHub issue I found was "I solved it" but no mention of how. The SO question was asking about svg export: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68345118/exporting-a-ggplot-in-svg-call-a-non-esixting-function
The GitHub were also asking about packages I don't use -
https://github.com/r-spatial/spdep/issues/60
https://github.com/drizopoulos/JMbayes2/issues/5

Anyone on the list have any pointers? Thanks