[Rcpp-devel] More on macOS and Rcpp 1.0.4

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 20:22:02 CEST 2020

FYI, based on my experiences today:
  - I am installing the R-4-0 branch from svn today (march 31)
  - I am using clang8 on OS X as recommended by CRAN/Simon
  - I am using homebrew, a widely used package manager on OS X, for many of
my dependencies

1. Before installing R-4-0 I updated homebrew to get the latest versions of
everything as of today.
2. I then compiled R and Rcpp, no errors.
3. However, when compiling RSQLite which depends on BH and Rcpp I get the
error listed below
4. This was fixed by installing Rcpp 1.0.4.4 from the drat archive in the

So for me - with the very latest homebrew + clang8 on OS X - I found the
fix necessary to install RSQLite from source.

All of this may be noise, I have not had time to do a thorough
investigation. Also, for the non-OS X people out there, CRAN does not use
homebrew to pull in its dependencies, so there's that.

Best,
Kasper

--- Error from installing RSQLIte ---

In file included from DbColumn.cpp:1:
In file included from ./pch.h:1:
In file included from ./RSQLite.h:14:
In file included from
/usr/local/R/4.0/lib/R/site-library/BH/include/boost/container/stable_vector.hpp:23:
In file included from
/usr/local/R/4.0/lib/R/site-library/BH/include/boost/config.hpp:57:
In file included from
/usr/local/R/4.0/lib/R/site-library/BH/include/boost/config/platform/macos.hpp:28:
In file included from
/usr/local/R/4.0/lib/R/site-library/BH/include/boost/config/detail/posix_features.hpp:18:
/usr/include/unistd.h:665:27: error: unknown type name 'uuid_t'; did you
mean 'uid_t'?
int      getsgroups_np(int *, uuid_t);

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 8:58 AM Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> We are now at Rcpp 1.0.4.4 on master and in the drat -- Mattias Ellert
> contributed _another_ cleanup PR on the recent exceptions refactoring PR
> fixing two overlooked aspects that came up at ROOT.
>
> As before, master is current and the corresponding tar.gz is at the drat:
>
>    install.packages("Rcpp", repos="https://rcppcore.github.io/drat")
>
> With special thanks to Mattias,  Dirk

Best,
Kasper