[Rcpp-devel] More on macOS and Rcpp 1.0.4

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Mar 21 20:26:14 CET 2020

As CRAN told me this morning, BioConductor upgraded the GoSemSim package. So
CRAN no longer exeriences any breakage related to the 1.0.4 release, and sees
no need for an immediate patch release.  Neither do I.

For those bitten by whatever failings that revealed itself only outside the
test matrix --- like using R 3.3.* --- we do have Rcpp 1.0.4.3 with its
incremental fixed on the drat as previously stated.  As the question of "why
can't I compile the brandnew Rcpp on my almost four-year old R release" came
up at StackOverflow, it put a few lines together in response which are here:

  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60783528/compilation-failed-when-installing-rcpp/60783584#60783584

I also mentioned the post on Twitter

  https://twitter.com/eddelbuettel/status/1241180708229582850

and e.g. Kyle Baron followed up with a quoting tweet

  https://twitter.com/kylebtwin/status/1241366335705231361

supporting the main thesis: more contributed testing would be helpful.
Maybe we all can try that for 1.0.5 in a few months.

If other issues come up, please do raise them here or at the GitHub repo.

Cheers, Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org