[Rcpp-devel] More on macOS and Rcpp 1.0.4

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Mar 20 15:17:29 CET 2020

On 18 March 2020 at 10:48, Davis Vaughan wrote:
| Here is the list of failures from my partial test. Notably (at least to
| me), are dplyr and bigmemory.

Two days later. Neither one is failing at CRAN:

  https://cloud.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_bigmemory.html
  https://cloud.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_dplyr.html

May still put up a bug-fix release 1.0.4-1 but I am really not too thrilled
by people on social media claiming "widespread failure". I don't see it.

And to be clear, the R 3.3.* issue some of you have ... is very unfortunate
but also outside of our purview. We never claimed to test that far back. We
invited the community to test beyond what we do -- CRAN level plus reverse
depends -- but life is short and all that nobody got to it. It happens. I
simply would not test on R releases older than what CRAN tests but that may
just be me.  I would be happy to work with a volunteer test team that wants
to go beyond what CRAN mandates. Happy to support that, cannot do it myself.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org