[Rcpp-devel] Issues creating static library using Makevars

Toby Hocking tdhock5 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 22:40:07 CEST 2020

Hi Dirk thanks for the feedback. So I guess that means those are new
WARNING messages on CRAN that were not there at the time RInside was
accepted on CRAN, right?
I would suggest moving the discussion to R-pkg-devel to see if CRAN could
recommend a way to support install-time compilation of the static library
that we need.
If CRAN is not willing/able to accommodate that, we could just put the C++
source code somewhere other than pkg/src, and then compile it AFTER the
package has been installed, when the user requests that we fuzz their Rcpp
package. That won't be much of a drawback / portability issue, because
anyways the main functionality of our package requires a compiler on the
user's system.