[Rcpp-devel] Issues creating static library using Makevars

Toby Hocking tdhock5 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 00:02:20 CEST 2020

Right, Writing R Extensions is a great reference.
To clarify the question, we are developing a package like RInside, which
contains some compiled C++ code that is not meant to be used from R main.
We would like to distribute the C++ source code in an R package (like
RInside), so we are trying to figure out how RInside managed to do this and
satisfy CRAN checks.
Looking at current CRAN checks for RInside
https://cloud.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_RInside.html I see
some similar NOTE / WARNING ... are these new in the last few months, or
were they there when you submitted to CRAN? i.e. did CRAN accept the
submission even with such NOTE / WARNING? Just trying to figure out the
best way to package this compiled code so that CRAN will accept it.
Any tips/tricks you have discovered from your experience with RInside would
be appreciated.
Toby