[Rcpp-devel] RCPP Issue with nonunicode User characters

John O'Shea oshea54321 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 22:13:40 CET 2019

Hello, forgive me in advance as I am not familiar with R developing or the
more technical side of R usage and programming in general. I have had a
professor of mine request I use the Rcpp package to rewrite a function in
R, but I have been running into issues with any usage of the Rcpp package.
My reddit post and a response can be found here
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rlanguage/comments/e51qn7/error_using_any_function_from_rcpp_package/

The user that replied believes that calling on any function from Rcpp
"chokes" on the temporary file path made using my Windows username, as it
contains both a space and an apostrophe and may be a bug. How do I resolve
this issue?

Thanks so much!
-John O'Shea