[Rcpp-devel] Template argument deduction with R objects

Vissarion Fisikopoulos fisikop at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 23:49:29 CEST 2018

Hi,

I am working on a rcpp project. I have a set of templated C++ classes
and templated C++ functions that accept  any object from that set of
classes as parameter. I want to expose this functionality to R using
Rcpp. That is, the R user could create objects (that correspond to the
set of C++ classes) and then call a function with those objects as
parameters.

My main issue is that I cannot extract from an R Class any type that
can be used to parameterise a C++ templated function.

Is there a standard way to do such an exposion within rcpp?

Best,
Vissarion