[Rcpp-devel] Error creating package with RcppArmadillo

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sat Oct 13 20:15:05 CEST 2018

I am not going to defend it, but making a package skeleton that fails if you don't fix all the boilerplate just represents a different philosophy of assistance. If you don't actually take ownership of all parts of the package eventually then you will share bogus packages. It is like strict type checking... early warnings can prevent problems during runtime (use).

So yes, if you are the kind of person who actually does follow through, a less noisy tool can get the job done with less friction. Otherwise, you should be updating the Rd files anyway....