[Rcpp-devel] Subsetter uses int for indexing (among other issues)?

William Nolan will at landale.net
Thu Nov 8 06:45:46 CET 2018

Thanks, guys.

I submitted issue #919 <https://github.com/RcppCore/Rcpp/issues/919> with a
small-ish test case showing the issue.

Will take a look at what's necessary to address.  I see subsetting is in
the unit tests, but this is a funny one in that verifying the fix works
there would require a big chunk of memory (16GB, i.e. 2^31 * 8 bytes for a
Numeric) to be present on the tester's machine -- seems excessive.

Maybe it's enough for the fix to pass the existing unit tests, and pass the
testbed I put in the github issue.  Anyway, TBD