[Rcpp-devel] RInside and MinGW (Windows)

Jose jc.fernandez.navarro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 17:13:02 CET 2017

We can always do with better/newer/updated/current HOWTOs and walk-through.
Maybe you can start with a blog post or step-by-step guide.

I totally agree, unfortunately I never got around starting a blog which is
bad
because I have struggled with some interesting problems that could be worth
sharing.
(at least I have added this info in the manual of my tool).

And yes, last time I tried I also needed to physically copy some DLLs which
seems distateful.  But I may well be missing another Windows trick ...

The DDLs are needed in run time. I didn't need them to build the tool the
second time.
I believe something was messed up with the two different MinGW versions.

| Thanks for all the help.

Thank you for persisting, and reporting success back here to the list.

Best,
Jose