[Rcpp-devel] RInside and MinGW (Windows)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Nov 28 16:16:19 CET 2017

On 28 November 2017 at 16:03, Jose wrote:
| I had no reason to believe it would not work neither.
| I was able to make it work. I re-installed R and RTools
| from the scratch and cleaned up the project. So, I am not sure
| what I was missing really. One thing though, I am fine linking just
| against the DDLs and I need to have a variable R_HOME pointing
| to the R root in order to be able to run the app. It works smoothly in
| Windows
| all the R related code.

We can always do with better/newer/updated/current HOWTOs and walk-through.
Maybe you can start with a blog post or step-by-step guide.

And yes, last time I tried I also needed to physically copy some DLLs which
seems distateful.  But I may well be missing another Windows trick ...

| Thanks for all the help.

Thank you for persisting, and reporting success back here to the list.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org