[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp question regarding compilation of another package

khagay nagdimov kh.guy at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 12 18:32:32 CET 2016

Hello!

I am trying to create a package that uses Rcpp to translate code from SeqLib ( https://github.com/walaj/SeqLib) into R. I have compiled SeqLib but, I still have problems referencing the function definitions. The current structure of my R package is shown here: https://github.com/KhagayN/SeqLibr

My makevars links to the location of the header files and to the static libraries. To my understanding, the header files linked via PKG_CXXFLAGS point to the header files and PKG_LIBS points to the static libraries. Then, in rcpp_hello_world.cpp, I reference a function called Open within the FastqReader class within the SeqLib namespace but, when I run load_all() I get an effor saying:

Error in dyn.load(dllfile);

   unable to load shared object 'subsetSeqLib.so': undefined symbol: _ZN6SeqLib11FastqReader40OpenERKSs, which references that Open function from FastqReader. I don't understand why this is happening since I am linked to the static libraries that have the definition of that function.

Thanks for all the help.