[Rcpp-devel] Can not install Rcpp on Mac OS X 10.9.5

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Wed May 6 05:41:18 CEST 2015

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Steve Lianoglou
<lianoglou.steve at gene.com> wrote:
> Following the instructions here worked for me:
>
> http://www.thecoatlessprofessor.com/programming/rcpp-rcpparmadillo-and-os-x-mavericks-lgfortran-and-lquadmath-error
>
> Although the instructions have a slight typo in them, and probably should read:
>
>   curl -O http://r.research.att.com/libs/gfortran-4.8.2-darwin13.tar.bz2
>   sudo tar fvxz gfortran-4.8.2-darwin13.tar.bz2 -C /
>
> I should note that I was having different problems than what you
> report, though, but try that.

Nothing has been fixed. I have macports installed. Could it be the problem?

> Which version of R did you install, btw? I'm assuming you've got a
> binary 3.2-mavericks binary from CRAN (and not compiled your own).

Yes. Here is my R version.

~$ R --version
R version 3.2.0 (2015-04-16) -- "Full of Ingredients"
Copyright (C) 2015 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0 (64-bit)

You are welcome to redistribute it under the terms of the
GNU General Public License versions 2 or 3.
For more information about these matters see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.

--
Regards,
Peng