[Rcpp-devel] Compile RcppEigen with low memory

Felix Schönbrodt felix at nicebread.de
Mon Jul 27 14:57:53 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I run R with Shiny on a virtual server (Ubuntu 12.04). Since the last
version, I cannot install/compile RcppEigen any more, with the following
error message:

	virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory
	make: *** [fastLm.o] Error 1

Respectively, when I remove -pipe:

	cc1plus: out of memory allocating 2097152 bytes after a total of
22822912 bytes
	make: *** [fastLm.o] Error 1
	ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘RcppEigen’

I tried the following:

- Create a swap file --> did not work - presumably not allowed by the
hoster
- Set the -g0 -O0 compiler flag
- remove the -pipe compiler flag

Obviously, I cannot increase physical RAM.
Any ideas how to proceed from here?

Best,
Felix

PD Dr. Felix Schönbrodt
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany

Phone: +49 (0) 89 2180-5217
http://www.psy.lmu.de/allg2
http://www.nicebread.de
@nicebread303

`Please cite R packages you use, just as you would cite regular papers!
E.g.: citation('TripleR')`