[Rcpp-devel] Errors while compiling a script (seems to be related to Fortran)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Sep 3 22:52:37 CEST 2014

Xiao,

On 3 September 2014 at 21:39, Xiao He wrote:
| Hi Kevin,
|
| Yes, those extra includes are there because some functions taken from the MASS
| package need these them.
|
| I rearranged the includes by placing #include <RcppArmadillo.h> before the ones
| below, and was able to reduce the number of errors from 7 to 4.
|
| #include <R_ext/Linpack.h>
| #include <R_ext/Applic.h>
| #include <R_ext/Utils.h>
|
| Is it possible for you to take a look at the script below, which includes those
| functions from MASS that require these includes? I am not sure what else needs
| to be done. The errors seem to have to do with the fortran library.
|
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukjml693ta8r8gi/test2.cpp?dl=0

I just glanced at this for a few secs. Quick comments

-- Remove R.h (pulled in via Rcpp which is pulled in from RcppArmadillo)

-- think about using sort and QR from (Rcpp)Armadillo: because that is why we
   use Armadillo for

-- if you can't make the error go away in one file, create two files:
   * one higher-level with RcppArmadillo calling
   * another lower-level SEXP-only set of functions with the code you
     borrowed from MASS

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org