[Rcpp-devel] only LinkingTo: RcppEigen gives compileAttributes warning

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Sep 1 15:06:55 CEST 2014

On 1 September 2014 at 13:43, Dr Gregory Jefferis wrote:
| Dear Dirk,
|
| On 1 Sep 2014, at 13:22, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
|
| > You need both LinkingTo: statements as they give us the -I flags
| > needed for
| > compilation.
| >
| > These days you need only one Import: statement to instantiate Rcpp.
|
| Just to be clear, the relevant part of my DESCRIPTION looks like this:
|
| Imports:
|      Rcpp (>= 0.11.2),
|      methods
| LinkingTo: Rcpp, RcppEigen, BH (>= 1.54.0-4)
|
| So I think it is just a buglet in compileAttributes that it is somehow
| not looking at the LinkingTo: field properly when it issues the warning?
|
| Is that your conclusion as well?

Ok, I think we are once again rehashing a previous thread.  The (spurious)
Rcpp warning you saw:

   Warning message:
   The following packages are referenced using Rcpp::depends attributes
   however are not listed in the Depends, Imports orLinkingTo fields of the
   package DESCRIPTION file: RcppEigen

has AFAICR been fixed in the GitHub (but not yet the CRAN version).

Did you by chance use the CRAN version?  Your email didn't say...

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org