[Rcpp-devel] Execution Error

John Robson john.robson at usp.br
Thu May 8 18:13:24 CEST 2014

Thank you Dirk, you are right.

I did this:
$ sudo R
> remove.packages("RInside", lib=file.path("/usr/local/lib/R/site-library"))
> remove.packages("Rcpp", lib=file.path("/usr/lib/R/site-library"))
> install.packages(c("Rcpp", "RInside"), type="source", dependencies=TRUE)

All the packages were compiled:
"g++ -I/usr/share/R/include -DNDEBUG     -I. -fpic  -O2 -pipe -g  -c"

And now works perfectly in Qt and Wt !!!

Two questions:

1) these steps works; but this is the correct approach?

2) to use Rcpp and RInside I must install only through R?  Or I can
compile in the linux terminal and install them? (make and make install)

Thank you very much,
John