[Rcpp-devel] Two hundred Rcpp-using packages on CRAN and BioC

Yixuan Qiu yixuan.qiu at cos.name
Mon Mar 3 17:49:34 CET 2014

Congratulations to Dirk and all Rcpp developers!
Your work is indeed the third awesomeness, and the much much time that has
been saved for developers using Rcpp is invaluable.
Thanks for this wonderful project and also look forward to seeing more
improvement of Rcpp and releated packages.

Best,
Yixuan

> On 26 November 2012 I sent an email [1] to this list saying
>
>    Anyone following CRANberries [1] as closely as I do will have seen the
> two
>    new packages robustgam and sparseHessianFD appearing today. Combined
> with a
>    little reverse dependency counter, we now find Rcpp as being either the
>    Depends, Imports or LinkingTo of 91 packages on CRAN. Plus another 9 in
>    BioConductor --- bringing the total to 100 packages on the two repos.
>
>    Awesomeness.
>
> Well now we have twice the awesomeness. On Saturday, the MTS package by
> Ruey
> Tsay became CRAN dependee 181, and we currently have 19 package in the
> devel
> branch of BioConductor -- bringing the total number of packages using Rcpp
> in
> Depends, Imports or LinkingTo: to a round two hundred.  Plus of course an
> unknown number on R-Forge, Github, Bitbucket, Google Code, and private
> repos
> (eg we have half a dozen at work).
>
> On behalf of the Rcpp Core group, I'd like to say thanks.  It is really
> gratifying to be able to put something together that helps so many people
> do
> more wicked stuff with R and C++.  Keep it coming!
>
> Thanks,  Dirk
>
> [1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.rcpp/4378
>
> PS Sorry for the resend this; previous post was a reply to previous post
> and
> hence hidden many months back in a threaded mail reader.
>
> --
> Dirk Eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org | http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com

Yixuan Qiu <yixuan.qiu at cos.name>
Department of Statistics,