[Rcpp-devel] Two hundred Rcpp-using packages on CRAN and BioC

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Mar 3 16:04:29 CET 2014

On 26 November 2012 I sent an email [1] to this list saying

   Anyone following CRANberries [1] as closely as I do will have seen the two
   new packages robustgam and sparseHessianFD appearing today. Combined with a
   little reverse dependency counter, we now find Rcpp as being either the
   Depends, Imports or LinkingTo of 91 packages on CRAN. Plus another 9 in
   BioConductor --- bringing the total to 100 packages on the two repos.

   Awesomeness.

Well now we have twice the awesomeness. On Saturday, the MTS package by Ruey
Tsay became CRAN dependee 181, and we currently have 19 package in the devel
branch of BioConductor -- bringing the total number of packages using Rcpp in
Depends, Imports or LinkingTo: to a round two hundred.  Plus of course an
unknown number on R-Forge, Github, Bitbucket, Google Code, and private repos
(eg we have half a dozen at work).

On behalf of the Rcpp Core group, I'd like to say thanks.  It is really
gratifying to be able to put something together that helps so many people do
more wicked stuff with R and C++.  Keep it coming!

Thanks,  Dirk

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.rcpp/4378

PS Sorry for the resend this; previous post was a reply to previous post and
hence hidden many months back in a threaded mail reader.