[Rcpp-devel] RcppMLPACK ?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Apr 6 07:08:03 CEST 2014

James, Qiang,

On 5 April 2014 at 23:33, Qiang Kou wrote:
| Hi, I think we can try to start this in the summer, since I am also a little
| busy as a student.
|
| I my opinion, we can follow the structure of RcppArmadillo and start from 'as'
| and 'wrap' functions for matrix structure in mlpack.

There is definitely general interest in doing that. And as mentioned earlier
in this thread, there has been previous talk between Ryan (MLPACK), Conrad
(Arma) and myself. It would probably be best to somehow involve Ryan and his
group as they have thoughts (and have considered Swig and other tools).  It
would need some thought, and someone with time and knowledge of both projects
to be involved.

That said, you can of course also start with simple as<>() and wrap()
converters just to get going. Nothing wrong with some explorations and
examples while figuring out the bigger picture.

Cheers, Dirk

| Best,
|
| KK
|

| On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 10:10 PM, James Li <jamesyili at gmail.com> wrote:
|
|     Hello Damian and other Rcpp Devs,
|
|     I am extremely interested in putting in (non-trivial) time into something
|     like this - but I am not sure I am expert enough to head such a project.
|
|     My question to you is: have you or anyone else started a project like this
|     that I can contribute to? And if not, could someone point me the right way
|     to get started?
|
|     Thanks!
|
|     Best,
|     James
|

|     On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 9:42 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
|

|         Damian,
|
|         On 20 January 2014 at 20:12, Damian Lyons wrote:
|         | Dear Rcpp developers,
|         | Firstly, many thanks for your work on Rcpp.  It has saved me
|         countless hours
|         | (or is that months?) of simulation time.