[Rcpp-devel] RcppArmadillo and the version of Rcpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Oct 24 15:28:26 CEST 2013

On 24 October 2013 at 13:06, Greg Distiller wrote:
| I am new to the list and new to Cpp and Rcpp. I have run into a problem when
| trying to load the RcppArmadillo package. Apparently I need at least version
| 0.10.5 of Rcpp and I have version 0.10.4. If I try and update this from within
| RStudio it doesn’t offer 0.10.5 as an option, and when I tried to install the

It should if you specify 'source' (ie run the install.packages() function).

Worst case fetch the .tar.gz by hand and run R CMD INSTALL on it.

(Long story: We currently fail on 'old-R' 2.15.* as we didn't declare the
Depends on R (>= 3.0.*) needed for vignettes, so the CRAN Windows builder
said it would not generate a binary.  This will get fixed when we ship
0.10.6, possibly in a few days.)