[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp Makevars COPYING policy?

Jonathan Olmsted jpolmsted at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 21:27:04 CEST 2013

Dirk and Romain (in the order listed in the file mentioned below),

Intellectual property rights confuse the heck out of me so I wanted to ask
explicitly before stepping on any toes. Rcpp is GPL-2. However, the
Makevars in the ./src/ directory don't necessarily carry the same license
header as your Cpp source. What are your intentions for derivative use of
the Makevars files you guys use in Rcpp? Specifically, I would like to use
your strategy in an R package to build a static lib for subsequent linking
against by other R packages.

Many thanks!

-Jonathan

J.P. Olmsted