[Rcpp-devel] RcppOctave on Windows: testing needed

Dominick Samperi djsamperi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 06:51:01 CEST 2013

A few additional close out notes:
1. It turns out that Apple (and Homebrew) no longer support Fortran, so
    I had to specify an external Fortran compiler and options:
$ export F77="/usr/local/bin/gfortran -arch x86_64"
$ brew install octave --default-fortran-flags "-O2"
2. The fortran compiler can be obtained from AT&T (Simon Urbenek).
3. I think the build uses clang/clang++ and not gcc/g++
   (because Apple no longer supports the latter), so there
   is the potential for ABI problems when this version of
   Octave is used with RcppOctave.
4. I think brew can be instructed to use gcc/g++ by
   setting CC and CXX.