[Rcpp-devel] [ANN] RcppArmadillo 0.3.920.1
edd at debian.org
Tue Oct 1 14:15:34 CEST 2013
Forgot to post this yesterday -- we also have a new RcppArmadillo on CRAN
which contains of number of enhancements by Conrad to Armadillo, and very
nice work by Romain tieing into recent changes in Rcpp: we now have efficient
passing of data via 'const ref' (rather than, ahem, copies) from R directly
into the core Armadillo data structures.
What follows below is from my blog at
where it is posted with links.
Mon, 30 Sep 2013
Along with the Rcpp 0.10.5 release yesterday, a new minor release
0.3.920.1 of RcppArmadillo came out. It is based on Conrad's Armadillo
3.920.0 plus a minor fix, and uses some of the new Rcpp features. Both
package is now on CRAN and also in Debian.
This releases contains both a nice set of new Armadillo features as
well as some nice additions to RcppArmadillo, due again mostly to
Romain. Some of the changes tie into the changes changes in Rcpp
0.10.5 as for example the ability to pass const and const ref more
efficiently (and we seem to have forgotten an entry in the NEWS file).
The complete list of changes is below.
Changes in RcppArmadillo version 0.3.920.1 (2013-09-27)
* Upgraded to Armadillo release Version 3.920.1 (Agencia Nacional
* faster .zeros()
* faster round(), exp2() and log2() when using C++11
* added signum function: sign()
* added move constructors when using C++11
* added 2D fast Fourier transform: fft2()
* added .tube() for easier extraction of vectors and subcubes
* added specification of a fill type during construction of
Mat, Col, Row and Cube classes, eg. mat X(4, 5,
* Initial implementation of wrap<subview>
* Improved implementation of as<>() and wrap() for sparse matrices
* Converted main vignette from LaTeX style minted to lstlisting
which permits builds on CRAN; removed set BuildVignettes: FALSE.
Courtesy of CRANberries, there is also a diffstat report for the most
recent release As always, more detailed information is on the
RcppArmadillo page. Questions, comments etc should go to the
rcpp-devel mailing list off the R-Forge page.
Dirk Eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org | http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com
More information about the Rcpp-devel