[Rcpp-devel] Simple project segfaults

Berry Kriesels berry at exisoft.nl
Wed Mar 20 23:15:02 CET 2013

Hi everybody,

Just now I was playing around with Rcpp in combination with Qt (I have
found an excellent example on this). And decided to have a go(small
dummyproject) at this myself.  Problem is that the application segfaults
when I run it.

QtR.h
http://pastebin.com/AXT144SK

QtR.cpp
http://pastebin.com/JUUuCFN2

main.cpp
http://pastebin.com/yWUmDL17

mainwindow.cpp
http://pastebin.com/gE84ZtxH

I create an instance of my QtR class called qtr which creates an RInside
session in the constructor. In my mainwindow.cpp I reference to my
instance of qtr and then invoke the loadData method. In the loadData
method I try to use
m_R.parseEvalQ("cat("+fname_no_ext+"',file='outfile.txt',sep='\n')");

This results in a segfault.

However when I remove this line from the loadData method and add the
m_R.parseEvalQ("cat("+fname_no_ext+"',file='outfile.txt',sep='\n')");
line to the constructor of QtR which is invoked in main.cpp it runs
without trouble.

I probably am making a very obvious mistake. But I seem unable to see
the issue at this point myself.

Berry

PS

I have used pastebin for readability, or would everybody prefer the code
within the e-mail?