[Rcpp-devel] is<T>( SEXP )

Romain Francois romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Wed Jul 17 14:17:32 CEST 2013

Le 17 juil. 2013 à 14:10, JJ Allaire <jj.allaire at gmail.com> a écrit :

>> But maybe it is not worth the trouble. Maybe this is simply a documentation issue on hiw to dispatch.
>
> Yes, I think creating an automatic dispatch system that's general enough to matter might not be worth the effort. Documentation + some supporting utilities is probably the optimal path.

Yes. That´s what i sort of realized while writing te last email.

Anyway, the big takeaway from presenting Rcpp all over europe these weeks is that we have not covered yet the documentation.

I'd like to structure something that users can browse and search, but which could also be useful for tools (rstudio, etc ...)

Maybe (and this is my other takeaway from attending useR) shiny can help. I mean we could have some sort of shiny app for Rcpp api documentation.