[Rcpp-devel] linking fail when building examples of my local copy of Rcpp gallery (windows)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Apr 17 18:30:45 CEST 2013

On 17 April 2013 at 18:04, Robin Girard wrote:

| Thanks a lot Dirk,
|
| My errors have nothing to do with Jeckyll, the beginning of my mail was to say this part works fine.

Ok.

| My error appears while compiling the R/cpp code of the first example with the makefile. As I said, when I launch your knit function from R for a given example this seems to work so I don't claim this comes purely from R and I understand this is not the right place to ask. I will try a little bit more and end up sendding you .Rmd file separately. thanks anyway !

Ok, my bad then.

But it is the same story.  Either your .Rmd or .cpp works as a self-contained
piece, or it doesn't.

There are certainly setups that require external settings, we approximated
this early in the year for the C++11 examples (by adding to CXX_FLAGS -- and that
particular issue got adrressed by JJ with a new plugin in Rcpp 0.10.3).  So
make sure you work on an example that is actually doable in the framework
provided by the jekyll, knitr, ... setup used there.