[Rcpp-devel] A beginners guide to Rcpp

Jay Emerson jayemerson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 16:31:39 CET 2012

Gabor makes my (minor) point with greater eloquence.  I certainly am not
arguing against the value of Rcpp, and I agree completely with Hadley on
the inconsistencies if we're talking about .Call and SEXP, etc...

> Nice document but it would be good to distinguish between the C
> interfaces -- the .C interface may not be fully general; however, it
> is adequate for a lot of numerical work such as writing the objective
> function and gradient in optimization routines and is not painful at
> all.

+1

--
John W. Emerson (Jay)
Associate Professor of Statistics, Adjunct, and Acting Director of Graduate