[Rcpp-devel] RFH: RInside release candidate

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Nov 6 03:27:14 CET 2012

On 6 November 2012 at 10:26, Jarny Choi wrote:
| I have just had a chance to try some of the new 'eval' functions and they are great! I haven't tested things extensively yet, but I've tried to replace the existing code using parseEval() to parseEvalNT("try()") and things work nicely and I can now catch the exception. (I'm coding in Qt on a mac.)
|
| It could not have been more timely for me, as I was facing the exact same issue that Theodore was mentioning. So a huge thanks to him and Dirk for putting this patch together.

Appreciate the feedback -- I need(ed) the help mostly with testing on (gasp)
Windows which I don't really use. I have a box at work where I can the
occassional test but all my real stuff is done on Linux.

So Windows users, if you want the R_HOME situation to improve for real, have
a look at 0.2.9 (which is now out) and work through it. RInside could do with
help in that area.