[Rcpp-devel] Another rcpp package for examples

Peter deVoil peter.devoil at gmail.com
Thu May 24 07:58:50 CEST 2012

> | particular nastiness involved on windows platforms as the model is
> | built with MSVC, yet calls GCC code (ie Rcpp) via extern "C".
>
> This comes up every now and then, and folks would surely love to see a good
> tutorial and walk-through.

I'll have a go at it. Don't know how I'll go with the "good" part though.

I used the windows dlsym() equivalent to call in to a handful of entry
points. Given that this forces you to use C datatypes, you get none of
the C++ operators that make Rcpp so useful - but in my case, the data
exchange is fairly coarse and predictable.

Yours,
pdev