[Rcpp-devel] Another rcpp package for examples

Smith, Dale Dale.Smith at Fiserv.com
Wed May 23 13:44:25 CEST 2012

Mail: dale.smith at fiserv.com

-----Original Message-----
From: rcpp-devel-bounces at r-forge.wu-wien.ac.at
[mailto:rcpp-devel-bounces at r-forge.wu-wien.ac.at] On Behalf Of Peter
deVoil
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 2:10 AM
To: rcpp-devel at r-forge.wu-wien.ac.at
Subject: [Rcpp-devel] Another rcpp package for examples

Folks,

May I thank the Rcpp community for providing such a useful package.

For your records, may I let you know that the farming systems model
APSIM (www.apsim.info) is using Rcpp/RInside as a wrapper around the R
language; allowing snippets of R code to interact with apsim
simulations. http://www.apsim.info/Wiki/RComponent.ashx has a brief
outline.

Source code is available from
http://apsrunet.apsim.info/svn/apsim/trunk/Model/RLink/. There is
particular nastiness involved on windows platforms as the model is built
with MSVC, yet calls GCC code (ie Rcpp) via extern "C".

Thanks again,
Yours,
PdeV