[Rcpp-devel] Build failures under windows 64 on R-forge?

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Wed Jan 11 20:03:30 CET 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 9 January 2012 at 13:18, Douglas Bates wrote:
> | On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
> | > Just a guess. Try tossing either one at win-builder.
> |
> | I did throw lme4Eigen at win-builder.  Same errors.  I'll try RcppEigen.
>
> Did you get anywhere with this?  I am a bit pressed for time during the week
> but could possibly help one of the evenings, or maybe on the weekend.

Not really.  Given that the problem seems to be from a wrap
instantiation, I was hoping that it could be made to go away by adding
a wrap specialization, similar to the specialization of as<int> to use
::Rf_asInteger.  However, I haven't seen any changes by Romain
regarding the specialization of as so I would be guessing on how to do
the specialization of wrap.

Also, it is difficult to test it because it means changing Rcpp then
re-installing RcppEigen and lme4Eigen - not something that can be done
easily at win-builder.  That means creating a windows 64 build
environment under virtualbox or something like that.  At this point I
would prefer to wait to see if it sorts itself out.