[Rcpp-devel] Build of Rcpp from svn failure

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Dec 16 18:53:40 CET 2012

On 16 December 2012 at 11:23, Thell Fowler wrote:
| endings in src/Timer.cpp , and jss.bst already being included in R.  I'd
| mention further but doRunit.R usually times out on my system and I don't

Huh?  You mean you run out of patience?  It always finishes.

There were times when due to coding errors the headers recursed too much, I
have seen this to be on the order 10+ minutes. But that was a few weeks ago.

Right now it is pretty reliably around 200 secs for the unit tests. As
previously shown, I prefix gcc and g++ with ccache [ which is close to being
the coolest thing since sliced bread ] so I may gain a little there.  The
timings are relative to the tarball from R CMD build and with timings enables
in ~/.R/check.Renviron.

So if you have something to report, please make it reproducible (to the
extent that compilers etc are affected -- I don;t have clang3.3 yet) rather
than an off-the-cuff remark which is just helpful.  Patches, as always, are
the true path to glory and you did that :)