[Rcpp-devel] Building a Package created with Rcpp/RcppArmadillo on the Mac

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Oct 21 07:42:54 CEST 2011

On 20 October 2011 at 20:36, terrance savitsky wrote:
| Thanks for the coaching, Dirk.  It prompted me to create a set of small/toy
| packages that employ some of the RcppArmadillo templates I utilize in my
| package , but I am yet unable to reproduce the errors I find when attempting to
| build my pacakge on a Mac - these toy packages build without issue on the Mac
| installations on which I'm experimenting.  So my issue relates to a large
| package I've built under Rcpp and RcppArmadillo, with many functions.  The
| package builds and installs under X86-64 and X86-32 Windows platforms without
| issue.   So is it possible to offer any comment or tips based on intuition to
| help me focus on areas to investigate?

You are now on the right path. Continue the bisection between your 'toys'
which work and the 'grand oeuvre' which doesn't.  Somewhere in between is a
bug. You will find it.

And once again, based on what you posted it is impossible to say more.

I won't have time to dig through your tarball but some other kind soul may.

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx