[Rcpp-devel] Fwd: Building and Installing an R package built under RcppArmadillo on Mac OS X

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Oct 13 19:20:36 CEST 2011

OS X is stuck at a known buggy version of g++, namely g++-4.2.1.  Conrad has
some issues with that upstream, we mostly cope.

I just did a quick grep and symmatl() is defined in a short file
fn_symmat.hpp without any #define or #if statement, and that file is directly
included.

If the code works on other systems, you may be out of luck. Go complain to
Apple (about not including a g++ version from this decade) or the FSF (for
changing the gcc/g++ license). I don't pick sides here, but I also do not
work on OS X.

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx