[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon May 17 17:16:45 CEST 2010

Jean-Eudes, Joseph,

Thanks for your continued interest in Rcpp.

On 17 May 2010 at 10:51, Jean-Eudes Dazard wrote:
| Romain,
| Thanks!
| We have started modifying our code in accord with your suggestions.
| There is still something which confuses us:
| 	- Which header files relevant to Rcpp should (e.g. Rcpp.h, ...)
| should be included for creating the shared object ?

Yes, Rcpp.h has be to included. And only Rcpp.h. It takes care of the rest.

| 	- And where should we put them, in the top header file?

Yes.

We include fairly copious documentation in Rcpp itself, see the directory
examples for

	 RcppInline			(initial) inline examples
	 FastLM				a comparison of 'fast' lm()
	 ConvolveBenchmarks		a benchmarking study
	 functionCallback		how to call C++ from R

Moreover, we have an entire package called RcppExamples

We include a fairly detailed vignette in the package.

Lastly, if you check the CRAN page for the Rcpp paackage, you get a list of
eleven packages using Rcpp.  By looking at these eleven as reference
implementations, you may find a 'best practice' better to adopt.

Hope this helps.

--
  Regards, Dirk