[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp::Date bug

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Dec 5 01:44:56 CET 2010

On 4 December 2010 at 19:13, Dominick Samperi wrote:
| Another small issue: the getHour() method of Rcpp::Datetime appears
| to return GMT time. Is there an easy way to convert to localtime?

Dealing with TZ consistently is a bit like descending in a snake-filled pit,
especially when the architecture and platform issues get added.

For my purposes, UTC at the C++ level has been sufficient. If I must
translate to local or others, this has usually been done at the R level.

I may only have encoded gmtime() and could maybe revisit to support
localtime() too -- if that was the issue -- but I am not sure when I'd get to
that.