[Rcpp-devel] Conflict between RInside and OpenCV

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Apr 23 16:49:25 CEST 2010

On 23 April 2010 at 22:25, Xavi de Blas wrote:
| Hello Dirk
|

| > No idea whatsoever. That seems very bizarre and implausible.  Do you have
| > anything in your ~/.Profile?
|
| Nothing special

It is either that file, or an existing .RData you are loading by virtue of
initializing R.

I can run your example without a problem on an Ubuntu 9.10 box using
libhighgui-dev and all it dependents.

I used RInside from SVN, but that shouldn't matter.  On the machine where I
tested this Rcpp is reasonably current but less recent than 0.7.12.

| > Also, is
| >
| >      -L/usr/local/lib -lhighgui
| >
| > all you need to link with OpenCV?  [ BTW the -L/usr/local/lib is redundant. ]
|

| I  normally use this:
|
| g++ `pkg-config --cflags opencv` kneeAngle.cpp -o kneeAngle
| `pkg-config --libs opencv`
|
| that means:
|
| -L/usr/local/lib -lcxcore -lcv -lhighgui -lcvaux -lml
|
| but for this small sample, there's enought with lhighgui

Agreed.

I just inserted -lhighgui right after -llapack, and it links and runs.  So no
bug here with RInside.

| > Also, that seems to be rinsinse_sample0, not 6, no?
|

| Yes sorry, i confused trying to send minimal code possible. Is sample 0
|
| Maybe I update Ubuntu system, reinstall OpenCV.... but just prefer to
| wait if there are some ideas
|
| I've been all the day trying different compile options and reducing
| code, and I feel so unhappy. Thanks for your fast response

You created a side-effect. Only you can figure out what you did or what you
have in .RData or .Rprofile or related files.

There is no problem with your simple test file.

--
  Regards, Dirk